Subject: Re: Tank treads easier than Lightwave Pro
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 06:34:56 -0500

Andy Hofman writes:
>I subscribe to LWPro and will probably continue to do so, but I think
>their very name contradicts a lot of their content. Many of the articles are
>geared towards Lightwave beginners, not pros.

This is a function of who AMG can get to write for them. Quite frankly,
its not easy finding a group of writers that have the time and drive
to crank out advanced LW tutorials every month. I like to think that the
articles I have done for LWPro are very much geared toward advanced
users, with at least a couple tidbits in each article that very few
people already know. But I seldom have time to do it regularly nor do
many other advanced users. I would say in recent months, LWPro content
has certainly gone down in terms of the skill level it has addressed.

>It is possible the market won't support that right now, but
>regardless, I wish there was one.

This is another part of the problem. The people with the skill to
deliver truly advanced tutorials are involved in real jobs that pay
well over 10x what a LWPro article pays. When you have 80 hours
of work to do and only 60 hours to do it in, you can imagine how
your priorities shift away from writing.
  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~